• Commodities and petroleum prices have been increasing
• U.S. dollar value is falling
• Increased global demand for cotton
This has caused t-shirt prices in the promotional products industry to rise sharply this year. With Mills increasing their prices, offering few discounts or specials to us promotional products distributors the often very competitive market has become even more competitive.
Cotton prices show no sign of softening, so the price increases seem here to stay. Along with everyone else, we have been forced to accept some price increases, however, our size gives us a natural purchasing advantage and we pass on those savings to our customers.
Here are some cost-saving ideas to consider when ordering custom screen printed t-shirts:
• Choose a lighter weight (5.5 oz.) product which uses ~10% less cotton by weight than a 6.1 oz. product.
• Choose a blend (50/50) shirt which also uses less cotton
• Keep an eye out for weekly specials which provide savings on key styles and brands
Wearables are the number one promotional products category, custom t-shirts make up a good part of this category next to custom embroidered shirts. I don’t see sales of t-shirts falling off since they are so popular, kind of like gas sales – we all just grumble a bit more when fill up our gas tanks.
Bizarre Promotions, Inc.